Annual Parent Information Packet (APIP)
The Annual Parent Information Packet (APIP) is made available each year to all parents/guardians of students in the district. State and federal law require school districts to notify parents each year about certain policies and procedures. These policies are contained in this packet.
If you have questions about any of the policies, or if you have questions about curriculum or other areas not included, please speak with your child’s teacher or principal, or contact the Division of Educational Services at the District Office (925-552-2914).
Each year the school district is required to send certain information to all parents who have children in the public schools. Some of this information requires a response from each parent, some requires a response only if the parent so desires, and some requires no response at all. To assist you in understanding your role as parents, the following descriptions and notices are provided.
- Each fall, San Ramon Valley Unified parents are asked to complete an online “Annual Update” to verify household and emergency contact information and complete the annual release acknowledgement and permission requirements. Please read, provide information, sign (after reading the Civil Defense Notice, District Discipline Code and Behavior Guidelines, and Student Acceptable Use Policy for District Computer Network found in this Annual Parents' Rights and Responsibilities Notice), and return to school.) Please Note: CONTACT THE SCHOOL IF ADDRESS AND/OR TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE CHANGED AT ANY TIME DURING THE YEAR.
- Medical Health Care and /or 504 Plan: Students with a medical condition that requires management and/or emergency care during the school day will be individually assessed to determine the need for a health care plan and/or 504 accommodations.
- Free/Reduced Lunch Notice: The government provides a free and reduced price lunch program to all families. If you are eligible, complete the application and return it to your child's school. READ AND RESPOND IF ELIGIBLE.
- Student Insurance Notice: Parents are financially responsible for students at all times. The district does not pay for the costs of accidental injuries to students, nor does the district pay for student accident insurance. Student accident insurance must be provided by your own policy and/or the student insurance offer enclosed. If you desire this coverage, follow the instructions on the notice. READ AND RESPOND, IF DESIRED.
- Civil Defense and Disaster Policy and Procedure: District information is available at the local school or the Educational Services Department at the District Office.
- News Media/Photo Release Form: On occasion, news media request an interview with a student or group of students and, many times, desire to take photographs. In addition, the school and/or district may wish to use a student's image or words in school/district publications. For school/district initiated publicity, a parent must provide permission or refusal by completing the SRVUSD Media/Photo Release Form.
- Liability When Students Are Not On School Property: The district is not responsible nor in any way liable for the conduct or safety of any student at any time when such student is not on school property, unless the district has undertaken to provide transportation for such student to and from the school premises, has undertaken a school-sponsored activity off the premises of the school, has otherwise specifically assumed such responsibility, or has failed to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances. In the event of such a specific undertaking, the district, board, or person authorized by the district shall be liable or responsible for the conduct or safety of any student only while such student is or should be under the immediate and direct supervision of an employee of such district or board. Parents shall be informed of any field trips or other activities that require their student's absence from the school premises during the regular school day and shall be informed if their student is allowed to leave school premises during the lunch period. (E.C. 44808)
- Education Code (E.C.): Questions regarding sections cited in this notice may be directed to the school office or the Educational Services Department at the District Office.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): Questions regarding sections cited in this notice may be directed to the school office or the Educational Services Department at the District Office.